Baptism Nov 7 2009

Baptism Nov 7 2009

Monday, February 15, 2010

21st week in Spokane

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!! Hope everyone had a good one, we sure did! It was a day to remember! We started it out with Snaedis' baptism at 8:00 and it was way good! Everything went really good and the spirit was really strong! Then at 1:00 we had ward conference where the stake president and his councilors were there and that went way good. Then Elder Itgel and I had to go fill up the font right after church for two hours for Ti's baptism at 6:00! I was asked to give the talk on the Holy Ghost, so I had one all prepared and about 30 seconds before the baptism started I found out that the other girl who was supposed to give the talk on baptism was all prepared to give the talk on the Holy Ghost! So I told her I would go ahead and talk on baptism. I had about one minute to prepare a talk so I grabbed a few scriptures, grabbed a few thoughts and felt fairly confident. But then I got in front of everybody and forgot pretty much everything I was thinking about and said some stuff that probably didn't make sense so I stopped trying to arrange my thoughts and just bore my testimony and sat down! But luckily the talk on baptism is followed by the baptism itself and everybody totally forgot about me and my "talk" and the spirit of that sacred ordinance was able to fill the room. It really was such a special day, one that I hope will soon be duplicated!

No comments:

Post a Comment