Baptism Nov 7 2009

Baptism Nov 7 2009

Thursday, August 6, 2009

4th week August 6, 2009

Can you believe its been a month?? I sure can't, the first week week went by really slow but since then it all seems like one big day with a couple naps here and there. I've pretty much lost all conception of time, weeks just fly by.. Well I told you that I'd tell you a couple facts I learned about the Book of Mormon.. so today with all the technology and resources we have, it takes a group of translators on average 4 years to translate the Book of Mormon from english to another language. Joseph Smith had roughly the education of a 5th grader and translated the Book of Mormon from refined egyptian to english in 63 days! A good translator can do at most one page a day, Joseph Smith did 8-10 pages a day and during this time he had a church to run, a family to take care of and mobs chasing him.. There is no question that God had a hand in the translating the Book of Mormon. I know without a doubt that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, like the Bible it is another testament that Jesus is the Christ and our Savior. I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Greg! I look forward to hearing about your mission. The Book of Mormon is true!

    ReplyDelete