Baptism Nov 7 2009

Baptism Nov 7 2009

Monday, November 22, 2010

61st week in Spokane

Sorry about last week, we ended up taking a last minute trip to the temple which takes place of our p-day so we had no email time last week. But the temple was awesome, it had been over a year since I went so it was really nice. So the past two weeks have been pretty eventful. We ended up chopping lots and lots and lots of wood! But I actually used a gas powered splitter one of the times and that was interesting.. I think I prefer the old fashion way. We've been on four exchanges the past two weeks so we've been staying busy that way. It was cool though, for one of the exchanges I went to Spokane to be with my old companion, Elder Moleni, for a day, it was fun, it brought back a lot of memories. Kinda weird its been almost a year since I was companions with him. Anyways, he covers the singles ward (which covers my very first area) so we were able to go try people who I tracted into a year ago. I was able to see Natasha (my first baptism) and invite her to start coming back to church and Elder Moleni is going to get the singles ward relief society president over there to meet her. We were also able to see Jessie Torkelson (my fourth baptism) she was excited to see me, and I was too. So that was a good exchange. Jennifer is doing really good. Kinda crazy story that happened, we taught her that night, after my last email, and she was way receptive and we set a date for her to be baptized, and her son too, then the very next day her husband died. So it was a really tough week for them but they were very grateful that we had found them when we did to help them get through it and they recognize the Lord's hand in it. Another miracle that happened this week is with a lady named Charlene Wells. We sort of just happened onto her, we accidentally drove down her driveway and figured since we were already there we might as well knock on her door. Well she came outside before we got to her porch and said "what are you doing here?" and we told her it was kind of by accident and she just stood there quiet for a second and just said "wow" she told us that she had been trying to get in touch with someone from the church to get a book of Mormon, well we just so happened to have one with us that we gave her. Anyways, long story short, she was baptized at eight but stopped going when she was nine, and she wants to take the missionary lessons and have her family take them with her. So we are starting that tomorrow and we are excited about that. Things are going really well in the zone too, nearly every companionship has people that have set a baptismal date within the next six weeks. So things are going really well here, I hope everyone has an awesome thanksgiving! Oh ya and you can go ahead and think of me while you're eatin that turkey cuz I will be turning 23 that day!! Haha just kidding.. love ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment