Baptism Nov 7 2009

Baptism Nov 7 2009

Friday, October 9, 2009

2nd Week in Spokane Washington Mission

I can’t believe another week has gone by already!! I think this was my fastest week yet! Kind of crazy! Well things are going ok, nothing really too exciting to report on.. We taught a few lessons, not as much as I was hoping, but it’s alright.. My Mongolian is pretty much slipping away and there's not really much I can do about it, but I'm sure that once I get into the country it'll all come rushing back.. Conference was really good! We got to see all the sessions but one at the stake center and then one at a member’s house, it was so good! Definitely grateful for that extra boost, I definitely need it! So we keep getting told that our area is cursed with no baptisms cuz there hasn’t been one in a couple years.. So I've made it my goal that by the time my visa comes through, we'll have at least one investigator on date. So prayers concerning that would be helpful! so one lady that we taught is extremely educated in religion and has absolutely zero faith, she would tell you that she’s full of faith, but if she cant see factual evidence of something, it doesn’t exist, its really frustrating, but she is at least willing to listen, even though everything we tell her she shoots down because she cant see any evidence on it, but that’s just when we bare testimony and leave it at that, I don’t know, I’ve got a few ideas for her so we'll see how it goes, her and her husband are extremely nice people and say they always invite missionaries in, but for now, she is WAY too prideful to be taught. We did tract into some good potentials that we are going to see this week so I’m excited bout that! Well I love you all and you are all in my prayers! I’ll do my best to make next week's email more interesting!!

Love ya!

Elder Burns

No comments:

Post a Comment