Baptism Nov 7 2009

Baptism Nov 7 2009

Saturday, July 3, 2010

40th week in Spokane

Unfortunately I was sick all this last week and so not a whole lot of work got done like we were hoping. I had something like strep throat with mono type symptoms where I just had zero energy and I completely lost my voice. But its all good now, I'm on the down hill of whatever I've got. Well, we got our transfer calls last night and.... I am staying here and Elder Andersen is getting transferred to Post Falls Idaho. My new companion is Elder Mudrow and I know absolutely nothing about him so I guess I'll find out tomorrow! Our district leader here has finished his mission and went home today so I've been asked to be the new district leader so I'm excited for that, it will be a way good experience. Something funny that happened this week is we were riding down the hill on our bikes and Elder Andersen was ahead of me when all of a sudden a car pulled out in front of him and so he had to slam on his brakes, his back tire came up over the top and he went over the handle bars, his helmet hit straight into the guys tire and he banged up his knee and hand pretty good. Well the guy got out of his truck and came to see if everything is alright and Elder Andersen was like ya I'm fine I'm fine, would you like to hear a message about Jesus Christ? And so he got his information and we went over there yesterday and taught him and he seems pretty promising haha he's Spanish though so we are giving him to them to teach but pretty funny situation I think!! Sometimes the Lord leads you to people and sometimes the Lord leads people to you, and apparently sometimes he lets you run your bike into their car to get their attention! Well I hope and pray that I will be able to be the kind of leader that the Lord wishes me to be. I love you - Elder Burns

No comments:

Post a Comment