Baptism Nov 7 2009

Baptism Nov 7 2009

Monday, February 28, 2011

75th week in Spokane

This week was pretty exciting with the weather and all. Like I said last week, we had about a foot on Tuesday when I emailed, then we got about another six inches the rest of the day. On Wednesday the temperature dropped to about 5 degrees and we had blizzard conditions where the wind was blowing so hard with the snow that you couldn't see anything in front of you, not to mention it was cold! Plus that night I was with another missionary and when we came in for the night, we couldn't drive up their driveway so we had to park at the bottom and walk the rest of the quarter mile home! On Thursday and Friday the temperature dropped down to -20! I think that I mentioned last week that we have passes to go to the local gym here in town in the morning to run. Well, Friday morning was definitely an adventure going to the gym at -20 and then coming out of the gym all sweaty and having everything freeze almost immediately! Going to the gym every morning has been awesome!! On Saturday and Sunday it snowed again another 18 inches! It was fun shoveling all that! Well, that's the weather report, as far as the work is going, we had a great week! Taught a whole lot of lessons, but unfortunately didn't get to find any one new to teach. On Thursday Elder Tamblyn and I gave a training to the zone about finding and tracting, We think it went pretty well. That day was also interviews with our mission president, and that was awesome like usual, I love my mission president, he's just always so full of love for everyone he talks to, its awesome! He was able to give me some good council on a few questions I had for him, it was great! And then that same day, Joseph was able to get interviewed by him for baptism, and President felt really good about it and is sending Salt Lake a recommendation for him to get interviewed again, its gonna be awesome! We were asked to give talks this week in sacrament meeting and were told we can talk on whatever we want. So on Saturday I wrote my talk and then that night we talked to a really neat guy that wasn't too interested in us teaching him, but he had a few questions that we weren't able to address right then, and so we invited him to come to church to listen to us talk and he said he would. On Sunday morning I wrote another talk that was directed right towards him and the questions he asked. Since we cover two wards, in the second ward, one of the speakers didn't show up (because there was about a foot of new snow on the ground and she's old) so it just so happened that I had another talk handy, so I gave that. It made me happy because I was excited about my first talk ha-ha. But things are going really great here, we had four investigators come to church and we have a baptism this Friday!! Ed Brown. It has really been amazing to see the change that has taken place in that home as the spirit and the gospel has come into their lives, I love it! So this whole transfer I've had it in mind that I'm going to stay another transfer because Elder Tamblyn is going home, but during my interviews the mission president asked about what I thought about moving the zone leaders to a different area in the zone, and I think its a pretty good idea, not that I want to leave Bonners Ferry, I love it here, but it makes sense to move the zone leaders into another area. So now I have no idea what to expect when transfers come around, which is this week! Crazy how time flies! Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment