Baptism Nov 7 2009

Baptism Nov 7 2009

Monday, April 18, 2011

82nd week in Spokane

We had a very eventful week! On Wednesday we got a call from the people we live with and they told us that there was a fire in their kitchen! The kitchen is completely destroyed, thankfully no one was hurt. So we had to go and gather up all our stuff that got covered in smoke and soot. we stayed for two nights at a members home and then we moved again to a different members guest house where we will be staying for probably about two months. The Kopsa's house will be gutted and repainted and a new kitchen and new carpet and all that. Pretty crazy. The new people we live with, the Bennets, they have in their basement a six year food storage for five adults! There is a TON of food down there. Anyway, about a week ago, their basement flooded so they now have to remove their concrete floor and fix their foundation, which means they need to move all of their food storage. So Saturday morning we helped with all of that... and I'm still sore from it! Then we had to run real quickly afterwards to the church to start filling up the font. This became very frustrating. There was no cold valve which means that it was just straight hot water coming out which means if we wanted it to come out fast then the hot water would run out very quickly and if we let it go so that the water would heat up as it went, it would take way too long. So... when it came time for the baptism, the water was cold, and extremely low, barely even to their knees! They tried dunking twice which didn't work, then the third time they had Sam sit down and his dad kneel, and that worked. I felt pretty bad because it was our fault for not starting the water sooner. Oh well. It was a way good service, the spirit was very strong. Then, the next day he was confirmed and then we took Sam out teaching with us to a boy named Michael who is also fourteen who was baptized about two years ago but hasn't been to church in a bit. It went way good, Sam did awesome! He's an amazing kid! Well, we got transfer calls yesterday and... there's no change for us. But, the zone got mixed up a bit. In Bonners Ferry there's an Elder coming in thats from Knoxville, and I've served around him before so that will be good, his name is Elder Trowbridge. In Libby, Montana, an Elder is coming in to be the District Leader named Elder Crosby, he served with Katie, my sister, in the Saskatoon Canada area, he was the ward mission leader when Katie was serving in his ward, so that's gonna be fun. One more exciting thing has happened.. For my new years resolution I wanted to lose twenty pounds before I came home so I decided that at the end of each transfer I would weigh and measure myself. Since January, I have lost a total of fifteen pounds. Three inches off my stomach, and two and a half inches off my waste! I've still got a lot of work to do though in order to get where I wanna be by the time I get home! The Bennets have a treadmill too so that is going to be very helpful! The work is going super great! We were able to find five new investigators this week! We had the highest teaching and finding week then any other, so things are looking up here in Sandpoint Idaho! Love ya!

1 comment:

  1. Elder Burns,
    Eva and I were wondering how long you have left on your mission. We miss you here in East Wenatchee. Glad you are doing well in Idaho. Congratulations on your weight loss goal. I use a treadmill and it helps immensely if you use it faithfully. :) You remind me of my son when he was on a mission. Good luck with your new investigators. Happy early Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete