Baptism Nov 7 2009

Baptism Nov 7 2009

Monday, May 9, 2011

85th Week in Spokane

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!! It was nice to be able to talk to the whole family! I'm excited to see everyone in just a couple months! I'll give you a couple updates on the investigators.. Kathy is doing awesome! She came to church again and is loving every minute of it! We had a good lesson with her this week about baptism and about Jesus Christ, we watched with her The Lamb of God and that went well. It turns out she has very very minimal knowledge of anything about the scriptures so its kinda nice to work with a blank slate. We have a lesson with her tomorrow so that's gonna be good. We also started teaching another lady named Jerri. She's pretty cool, about seventy. Her husband is a less active member who is the commander of the American Legion in this district. We had a way good lesson with her this week and we hit really hard on the apostasy, it was probably the best apostasy lesson I ever taught, so I was excited about that and so it made the restoration make more sense as far as why it was needed. We invited her to be baptized the first weekend in June and she said that she would work towards being ready by that date. I had what I'm pretty sure was my last zone leader council on Tuesday, and that was really good. We watched a talk by Elder Holland given to the MTC in January and it was awesome! I recorded it so I will still have it to listen to again. We also had interviews with President Palmer which was also my last interview with him before I have my exit interview. We were able to have a real nice talk about how I can best endure to the end. He gave me a lot of advise which i am grateful for! We also had a fun time on Friday night at our ward family activity. We invited a ton of people to come to it but no one showed up. Actually one less active guy did show up and that was really good because if he gets reactivated, his wife will for sure join the church because she has been on date to be baptized about two years ago but since he wasn't too strong in it, she wasn't able to follow through with it. But hopefully he will be able to start coming back! But the activity was really fun, we all got split up and mixed around and then we played a bunch of different competition games. It was a lot of fun. Well, I think that's about it for my week.. can you believe that I only have eight more of these to write?!? Weird.... LOVE YA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment