Baptism Nov 7 2009

Baptism Nov 7 2009

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

89th Week in Spokane

We had an amazing first week together! I came to an area where there are a few fence sitters. The first night here we taught a 19 year old guy named Ed who they had been teaching for about a month but he wouldn't commit. We were able to talk to him about faith and goals and how we prove to the Lord our faith to Him. We set a goal with him to be baptized on June 25 and he said he would. Since then, he has gotten really excited about his date and he said that he will be serving a mission in a year! He is just staying here for the summer, he will be going to BYUI in September, he's the man! Then a couple days later we taught another investigator named Murry, he's 18, we taught him about the plan of salvation and tied it right into baptism and he is now preparing to be baptized on June 25. On Sunday, we had seven investigators come to church! It was a really good day! There's a girl named Sara who has come a couple times with some members, she's about 23 or so, and we set up an appointment with her for after church and we taught her the Restoration. The Spirit was so thick it was tangible! It definitely ranks in the top five most spiritual lessons I've had on my mission. She said a prayer that rivals King Lamoni's first prayer.. it was so sincere! There's a family that has been taught for a long time here that won't commit named Countryman. I'm really praying that they will be ready to be baptized on July 9th, it will be my last Saturday. They are so awesome.. they are just scared to commit to baptism! Its a husband and wife and two kids, the husband is actually a member and a week before I got here he told the Elders that he's ready to start making some real changes. We also found a new couple to teach named Randy and Mariah, they are pretty sweet too, he's 20 and she's 19 and they have a 6 month old named Aden and they seem really prepared. This transfer we are really gonna be focusing on working closely with the members, building their trust and confidence in the missionaries, it seems like its always a constant cycle.. the members are way awesome and then some slacker missionaries come and screw everything up and then new missionaries have to come repair whats been done and then the cycle starts all over again! It seems that has been my role many times on my mission. But it has always been really nice to see the results that come from it. My companion asked me what I want to become when this transfer is over and I get on the plane. I told him I just want to be exhausted! Spiritually and physically. And so far it has turned out that way. I'm so grateful that the Lord is pouring out His blessings upon us on my last transfer. I've been praying for this transfer my whole mission and I can feel the effects of those prayers now and I know that the Lord will continue to pour out His blessings upon us. I love this work!

No comments:

Post a Comment