Baptism Nov 7 2009

Baptism Nov 7 2009

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

93rd and last week in Spokane

Its hard to believe that this is the last email! Its been a great adventure! This last week was really good. We went to the temple last week with a couple other Elders.. Elder Harmon and Elder Allred. Elder Allred is coming home with me so it was both of our last time to go to the Spokane temple as a missionary. It was a great experience. This last week has been filled with service and teaching! We helped someone move, painted a guys house, mowed a lawn, and shoveled ten yards of top soil! We had a good time! And with all these baptisms coming up we had to do a whole lot of teaching! Last week and this week are going to be completely full!! Emil is being baptized tonight. He asked me to baptize him. It has been so awesome to see his conversion, from when we met him outside the baptist church till now, there's a huge difference! Ed is doing awesome too! He registered for classes at BYUI this week and he signed up for mission prep! He is super excited! Emil is now talking about serving a mission as well. Richard is good to go for his baptism on Saturday! He is extremely excited! His girlfriend says that is all he talks about! It was really cool, last week we taught him the word of wisdom and he said that he absolutely will not be able to give it up in that amount of time. Recently he has given up a whole lot of things and coffee is something that he was still holding onto and needed more time to kick it. We asked if he would like a blessing and he said yes, so we gave him a blessing that the desire and the addiction will be taken from him. The next time we met with him he said that he has no more desire to drink coffee and that he hasn't taken a sip of it since the blessing! That was really cool! The Lord fulfills His promises! The countryman family, however are not yet ready to be baptized, so they are going to wait just a little bit longer. Good things are happening! Yesterday, we had Zone Leader Council.. my last one! it was really good! I love spending time with President Palmer. Elder Fordham and I were asked Monday night to give a training Tuesday on how to help struggling missionaries. It turned out really good though! President Palmer has asked each of us that are coming home to write to him my most spiritual experience and also what my mission has meant to me. So, I'm going to type it up and post it on here. I've learned so much on my mission and I am excited to start applying those things to my life now! I love you and thank you for your continued support!

No comments:

Post a Comment