Baptism Nov 7 2009

Baptism Nov 7 2009

Monday, January 18, 2010

17th week in Spokane

Well I'm now in my new area, the glen-rose ward in the Spokane stake! Things have been going pretty good so far, my new companions are elder Itgel and elder Allred, elder Itgel is from Mongolia so he has been helping me with the language, elder Allred is from Ogden Utah and we were in the MTC together so that's cool. So Mongolian is a very throat language and so because of it my throat is WAY sore and I'm kinda horse, it happened to me in the MTC too when I started speaking a lot of Mongolian. Elder Itgel said that his tongue got way sore in the MTC because English is way more of a tongue language, I think that's pretty interesting, I never thought about that being an issue but apparently it is! So im hopin it will get better pretty quick! Well we'll probably have at least one more baptism before I take off for Mongolia, we have one guy named Ti and he's real close, we asked him yesterday to pray if he should be baptized on Jan. 30th, so we are hoping that he will go through with it, we'll find out this week when we go see him again. There's also another lady that is on date to be baptized, named Snaedis, she's really solid and she's getting baptized Feb. 14th, but im hoping that I'll be in Mongolia by then, but if not, it will be alright because I'll be able to see her baptized. We had a cool experience yesterday, we went to see this guy named J.R. he used to be a big time gang member but has gotten out, anyways, we walked up to his house and he was outside talking to his brother, who is still a gang member, well his brother saw us coming so he went inside. We started talking to J.R. and said that he's not really believing in God anymore. So we started testifying to him about how God will give us tests that we need to get through, and its always possible to get through if we put our trust in Him. He agreed and elder Itgel shared a scripture about God's love and we continued to testify to him about God and the Book of Mormon, it was way cool cuz by the end he said he'd read from the Book of Mormon and start praying again, then he told us that he believes that God sent us to him because he didn't wanna live any more and he was talking to his brother about committing suicide when we walked up. He asked us why God lied when he said that He wouldn't put more on our shoulders then we are able to bear and yet there are people everyday that commit suicide because they had too much to bear. So we told him that the key is that we have to turn toward God and if we could look back in time in those people's lives we would find opportunities that God provided them to get out of their rut, we told him that that's what God is doing right now for him, God provided a way out through us as missionaries, He sent us to him to help him because He loves us each individually and knows each of us individually, we said a prayer with him and he was very grateful that we had stopped by. So that was a pretty neat experience! well, I like my new area, I like my new companions, but I hope it doesn't last too long and that I can head to where I was originally called!

No comments:

Post a Comment